I just came across this older entry on my other blog, Creating Tomorrow, and realized it would be a good fit here, too.
In the May 6th entry on the weblog he co-hosts, Diversity Matters™, Richard Friend outlined six diversity essentials for people in leadership positions:
- Inspire a shared vision of inclusion by knowing about others.
- Authenticity trumps skill deficit.
- Care about people – celebrate them and their successes.
- Consciously choose to develop people who stretch you; then judge your success based on theirs.
- Expect the best and hold people accountable.
- Leadership development is ongoing and lifelong.
If you’d like to read his entire weblog entry, click HERE.